created at TagCrowd.com

Monday, January 25, 2010

Dear Rotary Club... Thank You

January 21st, 2010


Rotary Club of Port Elgin
C.O. Ron Moss
668 Gustavus Street
Port Elgin, Ontario, Canada
N0H-2C0

Dear Rotarian's,
I cannot Thank you enough for the support that you offered via the Bonspiel you held to our benefit on January 18th, 2010. The past four months have proven to be a very trying time but a very educational one as well. I have learned so much about myself and have tried my absolute best to remain in good spirits. When you are pushed to your limits it is a wonderful human characteristic that we surprise ourselves and that people around us amaze us as well. As for the Rotary Club and its support, that was no surprise at all. I have been around for my father’s involvement in countless fundraisers and benefits that Rotary has organized and I never thought I would need to be on the receiving end of one but I appreciate it so much.
Between Medical expenses and lost Pay this illness will likely end up costing us between $75,000 and $100,000 USD which is no small amount to subtract from a person’s life. I know we will get through it all just fine, but it is made easier by people and groups like you who go out of their ways to help people in need. The Medical bills are still coming in and now that it is a new year our premiums have reset so we no longer operate under the previous year’s maximum payable. Your fund raising will help relieve some immediate pressure.

I always said that one day I would love to join the Rotary Club, and I think you just locked it up for me. Now I just have to figure out the secret handshake. On behalf of Myself, Jennifer, Wyatt and Olivia, thank you very much for your time and efforts but mostly for your thoughtfulness. I am very proud that my father identifies with such an incredible organization.

Jim Moss

AKA the “I am going to space guy”

No comments:

Post a Comment