created at TagCrowd.com

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ups and Downs

It has been a bit of an up and down week this week, strictly in terms of my physical condition. Having baby Olivia in the house and my son Wyatt, it has been really wonderful to be home so much even though the reason I am home is not that awesome. That being said, we have a full house right now. Thankfully Jennifer’s parents are down helping us out while she and I both heal up,  so we can take care of ourselves and the kids again sometime soon. I struggle a little with all of the commotion at times, but apparently, that is normal. I have committed to making this a really open forum and it has been beneficial to continue doing that so I am trying my best to keep with that regiment. I am honest with how I am feeling and I appreciate your understanding. I still have ups and downs, more ups, but it is becoming obvious that my body does not really like drastic weather changes or cold, changes in pressure etc, it brings out the tingling in my feet and fingers every time. The really good news is that I have learned that the down spells pass in a couple of days and so I don’t let them affect me emotionally as much. Some days I need to get space, and I can drive locally now, so I escape to the library and find a quiet corner to write or read. I want to publicly thank Jennifer and her parents for being understanding that I just cannot handle all of the commotion all of the time yet. The Library has proven to be a real safe haven and I have pulled some great books off the shelves and have been doing some research for a project I am working on. For anyone looking to make a positive change in their life, I would highly recommend it as a hide out!

Thanks for continuing to support, Life is good and only getting better, I will do my best to post a little more frequently now that we are getting in a more comfortable routine with the new baby.

JM

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jim, I sense that you are struggling a little bit with the progress of your recovery and your life situation. It is very hard, particularly for someone like yourself who has always been in charge of their health and life to have to redefine who you really are. I know from my experience that when I started to define myself as handicapped that I really put shutters on my world. With all that has happened to you, the physical consequences of Guillain barre, the new baby and having little control of what goes on around you, you probably don't recognize your life or yourself. All I can say is be patient - with yourself and everyone around you. Things will settle out. They may not be as you once envisioned, but things will get better. I think it is a good thing that you have found a quiet place where you can sift through things and I think you are very lucky that Jen understands and supports what you are doing. I think you will both go a long way. Please accept our best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy 2010. Love to all your family.
    Jackie Dunn

    ReplyDelete